Got a little picky eater or know someone who is? The little one that tells you he’s full and then ask for a snack 2 seconds later? The little one who constantly gets out of his chair because he says eating is not fun? The child that says he won’t eat anything that is green? I have one of those. Mealtime can be a real bummer with a child who doesn’t like to eat. So below are some awesome stuff to promote a fun and more enjoyable meal time for the entire family.
*This post contain affiliate links which means I earn a small commission should you purchase though my links, at no extra cost to you. This helps support my website. Thank you.
- Dinner Winner Food Plate – Love this plate. It is divided into different sections so you can add tons of variety of food for sampling. When he/she gets to the “Finish” section there is a special something inside. I like to just put anything that I would normally give him that is healthy, not necessarily a “treat”. I also let him start anywhere so that he doesn’t feel like he’s forced to eat something before getting to something he loves. Be aware that each section is very small just to have maybe 10 peas and 3 baby carrots, etc. I’ve used two sections for the same food because it is so small. This is great if you want to let your kid explore new food in small quantities. Also comes in other options: enchanted forest, race, or superheros.
- Funny Face plate – The face plate is hysterical. I can imagine the countless hours that will be spent making cool faces. This is another cool way of letting your child play with food in order to get comfortable with the texture (Some kids are highly sensitive to certain texture of food such as mushy vs. crunchy food.) before actually attempting to try and eat it. The only problem I see is that your child might be spending too much time creating all the funny faces instead of eating. This plate is more for exploring new food. Hey, if it’s gets them to actually eat all those beans in the future then play away. Highly recommend for eating at home not in restaurants.
- OOGA plane spoon – If your child is anything like mine, he will love this plane spoon and train. He will try and fly or ride whatever is on the spoon around…hopefully it’s into his mouth and not so much on the floor.
- Construction vehicle eating utensils – Another fun eating utensils. I LOVE this set. Makes me want to buy one for myself.
- Chuboos Vegetable cutter – Who’s little kiddo loves veggies?! Not mine. Hopefully these cute little vegetables cutter will get him to get more vegetables.
- Taco Truck Taco Holder – OK. This is the cutest thing ever. A taco truck that holds tacos. My son would totally eat his tacos…as long as you hide the veggies underneath the meat instead of on top.
- Mess-Less Silicone Place Mat – This place mat is great. Place mat and dish all in one. Less things to clean. Comes in different characters.
- Train Place Setting – This one is a great surprise for your kid. Is a train or something more? The train comes apart to become a bowl, a cup, a plate and fork and spoon. It would be fun to take apart and put together again.
- Dinosaur silicone Place setting – Similar to the Mess-Less Silicone Place Mat, but for the dinosaur lovers.
- Brick Figure utensils and case – This cute little utensil case contains training chopsticks, fork and spoon. Great for the Brick lovers.
- Brick Bento Lunch Boxes – These Brick Bento lunch boxes would be a great addition for any brick lover along with the Brick figure utensils. The little boxes connects to the lunch box just like real brick pieces.
Do you have something special that you use to get your kids to eat their meals? Share with us in the comments.