This Sunday is Mother’s Day! You might not be able to take Mom out for brunch, but you can still definitely give her a wonderful Mother’s Day celebration at home with these wonderful celebration ideas!
1. Order from her favorite restaurant (if they’re open). You’ll give mom her favorite food and help out your local business. I know my favorite place for sandwiches and soup delivers. Can you guys guess what it is?! Panera!!
2. The kids can make mom a simple cake or cupcakes (We use a cake mix. The easiest way to make cake ever!). Decorate them with these lovely cake and cupcake toppers I designed just for you! You can download them at the bottom of the post.
3. Pamper her with some lovely gift sets. I’m hinting to my husband to get me this gift set or this care package that includes an adorable tumbler. If these don’t get there on time. Your local drug store such as Walgreen or CVS might have some cute gift sets. If you’re worried about going to the store ask if they offer deliveries of those items along with essentials.
4. Make a beautiful Mother’s Day gift set yourself. Buy some of her favorite makeup or nail polish. Add in her favorite snacks that she can’t normally eat in front of the kids and a card. She’ll love you for it.
5. If mom loves flowers, you can still get them at your local grocery store as well as home improvement stores, such as Home Depot. My husband got me some peonies from Home Depot and planted them for me in our garden. He’s awfully sweet that husband of mine!
6. The best gift you can give mom during this time of quarantine is a clean house and maybe 2 hours of quiet time after you eat the homemade Mother’s Day cake.
There you have it. Some very simple ways to give mom her best Mother’s Day yet! Set up the house for a party with banners, cake, and cupcakes. Gift her with her care package and some love this Mother’s Day!
There are tons of freebies in my Printable Resource Library, like this 2019 unicorn calendar and donut wall art. You will also get a discount code to my shop and newsletter exclusive printables. Sign up below.
Mother’s Day. The one day a year we take the time to celebrate moms. Can I just say I hate these kinds of holidays?! Moms should be celebrated every day. Same for dads.
Anyway, I was going to write about what I really want for Mother’s Day in a lovely sinfully bad grammar post, but Andrea from Selfies to Selfless said it best so here is the link to her post:
Did you get to read it? No? I’ll wait…la di da di da.
Done? Is she so right, moms? On Mother’s Day I like not to be mommy-ing. I would LOVE a good 5-hour nap. I also want not to be mommy-ing for my birthday, Christmas, Valentine’s Day!
Besides that one gift here are some other things that I might like for lovely Mother’s Day.
1. A “thank you” from my 4-year old for being the BEST MOM EVER. I remember one time my son said “Thanks for the meatballs. They are great (thumbs up!). I was elated…that Trader Joe’s made such wonderful microwavable meatballs for under 2 minutes and I get to take the credit for it.
2. A professional cleaning service for my messy apartment. I don’t even want to get into it. Ever wonder why I never post pictures of my work space?
3. While we’re at it, I would also love a professional organization person to come organize my house. What are those people called? Google tells me they are called professional organizer. Duh!
4. A massage once a month for the rest of my life. I realized I start sitting and sleeping in all weird positions after having kids. Care to see all the wonderful sleeping position you might encounter or have encountered if you sleep with your kid? Check this diagramfrom How To Be A Dad. If you haven’t check this website out you should. Here is a great post about transforming the toddler car into a cool car. Or this Universal Child Birth Reaction Assessment.
5. Maybe flowers and a card. Ok. I admit it! I will take some flowers and a card. I’m a sucker for cards. I really just want a day off from mommy-ing and a card.
Here are two Mother’s Day cards I designed for you to download to give your mom/wife who loves cards as much as I do.
Mother’s day is around the corner. On this day you might take mom out to brunch, buy her some flowers and give her a card. Wait! That’s what you did last year for mommy-dearest! Why not do something different and give her something she’ll love and will benefit her for years to come.
*This post contains affiliate links. This means I get a small commission should you buy through my link at no extra cost to you. Please see disclosure policy for more info.
Here are some great gift ideas that will make mom happy. Click on the images for more detail and prices.
1. Dry Skin Brushing Set
Dry skin brushing is a popular way to exfoliate the skin while also relieving stress and anxiety. We all know that mommies are always under stress.
The ultimate exercise for anyone interested in natural health remedies is yoga. Take a look at some of these yoga products and gift sets. The mat is not your typical yoga mat. It is actually a yoga mat and towel. There are lots of different designs and each one is beautiful. Definitely makes you want to do yoga all the time.
This site contains affiliate links.
Shabby Mint Chic Party is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com