This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission at NO EXTRA COST to you, should you purchase through my link..
Father’s Day is a special occasion to show appreciation and love for the amazing dads in our lives. And what better way to honor them than with a personalized homemade banner?
In this tutorial, I’ll guide you through creating a charming Father’s Day banner featuring blue gingham pattern ties and the letters spelling out “BEST DAD EVER.” With a free printable template as your starting point, you’ll enjoy a fun and creative process while crafting a heartfelt tribute to your dad. So, let’s gather our materials and dive into this step-by-step guide to make a memorable and stylish banner for your beloved father.
Now, let’s get started on this delightful DIY project that will make your Father’s Day celebration even more special!
Materials you’ll need:
- Free printable banner template (with tie shapes and letters spelling out “BEST DAD EVER”)
- Printer and paper
- Glue or double-sided tape
- Ribbon or string
- Hole puncher
- Optional: markers, colored paper, or additional decorations for customization
Step 1: Download and print the free printable banner:
- Download the printable onto your computer.
- Open the file and print it onto regular printer paper.
Step 2: Cut out the tie shapes and letters:
- Carefully cut along the outline of each tie shape and the individual letters spelling out “BEST DAD EVER.”
- Take your time to ensure clean and precise cuts.
Step 6: Customize and decorate (optional):
- If you’d like, you can further personalize your banner by using markers, colored paper, or additional decorations.
- Add doodles, patterns, or messages to the tie shapes or letters to make them unique.
Step 7: Punch holes and string the banner:
- Determine the spacing you’d like between each banner piece.
- Use a hole puncher to create two holes at the top corners of each tie shape or letter.
- Thread the ribbon or string through the holes to connect the banner pieces together.
- Leave extra ribbon or string at both ends for hanging.
Step 8: Hang and display your Father’s Day banner:
- Find a suitable location to hang your completed banner.
- Secure the ends of the ribbon or string to hooks, nails, or tape.
- Make any necessary adjustments to the spacing or positioning of the banner pieces.