Free First Day of school signs for the new school year.
Is it really the start of school already? The first day of school is the start of a new journey. It can be tough, so lighten things up by putting sweet notes in your kids backpack. Make a fun back to school craft together the night before. Or have the yummiest First Day of School breakfast.
And take some adorable back to school photos with these adorable animals wearing masks First Day of School signs. There are 15 signs in total for Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten to 12th grade.
Printing and Usage
I recommend downloading the files onto your computer and then printing them out instead of printing from the browser. A lot of people experience funky print outcomes when printing from the browser or even from your phone or tablet. So the best is using your desktop to download and print the First Day of School signs.
These First Day of School signs would look adorable just printed onto copy paper. If you want more vibrant color and sturdiness, I recommend printing them onto double-sided photo paper with a matte finish. I like the double-sided photo paper because you can use both sides. You get more uses out of one sheet. (Normally photo paper would have the brand name on the back.)
You can simply have your kids hold up the printable or frame it then have your kid post with it.
Secret tips for taking awesome first day of school pictures (when your kid hates taking photos, like mine:
1. Make it seem like it’s all their idea to take the photos. How are you going to do that? By taking them shopping for their favorite backpack and clothes either in store or online. Take a picture wherever they want. In the bathroom? SURE!
2.Take it any other day except the first day of school. The day before…the day after….it’s ok. No one will know…except you and your kids.
It can be quite overwhelming the first day of school so you might forget to take the first day of school pictures or your kids just doesn’t want to do it. So taking it before or after the first day is relaxing and fun for everyone!!! And if your child doesn’t want to take it either of those two days try again on another relaxing day! No biggie!
3. If you are a little bit tech savvy, you can modify a picture using a free online program like Canva to put the First Day of School sign next to your kid. Basically you take a picture of your child next to blank wall or anything with white space. Upload your kid’s picture and the First Day of School sign onto Canva and have fun!
Canva does not accept PDFs, which my files are, so you have to convert them to JPG.
*This post contains affiliate links. Should you purchase anything through my link, I get a small commission. Thank you for supporting my blog.*
**UPDATED FOR 2019**
I can’t believe the summer is just flying by. Before you know it, the kids will be back at school. Life will get busy. So let’s just stop and document their first day of school with these adorable First Day of School signs. I created these with the beautiful illustrations from LisaGlanz, my all time favorite illustrator. You can purchase her illustrations on Creative Market.
Click on the link below to open the PDF for the First Day of School Signs from Pre-K to 12th Grade. Once open, scroll down to the sign you want and print away!
It’s really hard to believe but summer is almost over and school will start soon.
Here are some fun and colorful First Day of School Signs for your little one and even the big kids.
The signs are designed to be printed on 8.5 x 11 paper. For best quality print these on white cardstock. Your sign will be more vibrant than printing on copy paper. Be sure to check if your printer can handle heavy cardstock. I have a Canon iX6820, which is wonderful for this purpose.
These look adorable as is or put it in a cute frame. If you’re really last minute, just open up the PDF on your ipad or mobile device. Have your kid hold up the mobile device and take your picture.
WAYS TO GET THE BEST FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL PICTURE
Do you have trouble getting your kids to smile for those First Day of School pictures?
So do I! Having two boys can make it extra difficult. Somehow, they just do not like to smile. But through the years, I’ve learned a few things about getting them to pose for an awesome picture.
1. Tell your kid not to smile. They will smile.
2. Ask them to tell you their favorite word. My sons both smile when they say poop.
3. Ask them to make funny faces.
4. Don’t ask them to do anything. You snap pictures of them spontaneously. I actually love candid shots where the person is not forced to smile.
5. If you’re having a hard time getting them to smile and hold the sign, just take their pictures against a blank wall and you can insert the sign later using free online program like PicMOnkey or Canva.
6. If all else fails, bribery works too!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL PRINTABLE
Click on the link below for the grades that you wish.
This site contains affiliate links.
Shabby Mint Chic Party is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com